Well, it’s that time of year again – the holiday season is upon us. Along with the normal joys of the season, I am blessed to have a job that affords me a lot of vacation. Accordingly, today will be the last day I work in 2008 (WOOT!).
In the absence of work, I plan on playing an absurd amount of games. As much as the wife aggro will allow at least. I thought I’d put together a list of my gaming goals/planned fun for the next couple weeks.
1. In WAR, level my archmage to at least 34. As I just hit 32 and fully plan on leveling a couple more alts with friends, I think this is a reasonable goal. Sieging a couple keeps and seeing another fortress would be nice as well.
2. Purchase Left 4 Dead on the PC and mow through the zombie menace.
3. Purchase or rent Gears of War 2 and play through the co-op campaign.
4. Play a game of NBA 2k9 with my brother without spewing a stream of profanity.
5. Not playing any Call of Duty 4. No amount of good intentions will stop my profanity while playing that accursed game.
6. Finish the Red Alert 3 campaign with my buddy, and dominate an unsuspecting online opponent in a 1v1v1 game that is in reality 2v1.
7. I recently bought Lost Odyssey for cheap off half.com, so I want to sink a few hours into that to see if I want to invest more time in that.
I think those are attainable goals to mix in with all the sleeping, eating, and not-working I’ll be doing over the next two weeks. Undoubtedly some of them won’t get finished, but that’s what goals are for. What goals do you guys have for the holiday break?