I’ve been busy at work and had other stuff going on this week (LOST is back, WOOT!) so I haven’t gotten too much WAR time, but I thought I’d throw a quick recap/update out there along with some random notes.
1. My Archmage is sitting at 36 still. Right at 50% through the level, I believe. I did finally hit renown rank 33, so I can wear my 3 Annihilator pieces, which actually look pretty sweet. I tell you though, I did some scenarios/PvE grinding the other night for a little over an hour, and even though it seemed like I was getting great XP, that damn bar just barely seems to budge. Lucky for me, I’ve resigned myself to the fact that 40 is a foregone eventuality rather than a goal, so I don’t come away disappointed.
2. While I only put a couple hours in the Archmage this week, my Bright Wizard got some good Guild Night action on Thursday night. I’ve mentioned here before I had a bunch of real life friends join up recently, so we’ve formed a quaint little guild and are leveling up together. Right now the highest of us is 22, the lowest 18, with me getting ready to ding 22. I have to say – and this is no big revelation but I didn’t know how much difference it would really make – playing with people you actually know is so much better than having to get to know people in a new guild. Maybe I’m just socially awkward and bad at making friends. Especially in bigger guilds, it’s hard to make good friends when you don’t know anyone to begin with. So I’ve been having a lot of fun with those guys.
3. I’ve been getting strong urges to play other games recently, particularly strategy games. It’s been a long time since I’ve sat down with a good RTS, so I was thinking about busting out some good games I probably didn’t play enough. Sins of a Solar Empire, Company of Heroes, and Civ 4 come to mind immediately. Plus, the Dawn of War II open beta starts next week, so I may get in on that as well.
4. EVE Online has a kung-fu grip on my psyche. I am going to try it, it’s only a matter of time. Quite literally, as I don’t have the time to get started just yet. I’ve actually downloaded the trial through Steam but not activated it yet. I understand the character creation process is nothing to sneeze at, so I’m going to need a few hours to devote to in consecutively, which I haven’t had for a while.
5. Me and the wife are getting ready to head back to the hometown for the weekend to hang out with some of my friends from college, which is always a good time (at least for me – she is decidedly less thrilled). So another weekend will pass without much WAR going down, although I will try and get back on Sunday night. What I will be playing though is a good amount of Rock Band, which should be hilariously fun with these guys.
Hopefully next week I’ll be able to dive headlong back in to Warhammer. I do have a couple articles I’m thinking about doing as well, and I desperately need to update the blogroll for all the new bloggers and the ones I missed originally – a task I have been stubbornly putting off for too long. Maybe I’ll do that Sunday night as well.